Monday 27 February 2012

(Lights), camera, action?

Well, after 2 weeks, I finally managed to get back to the barn this evening to do a few jobs. Key was to replace the oil filter following the oil change now I have the right seals - job done, looks good - shame about the rest of the engine!



I also did some further work on the rear lights. Having taken the lenses off the original 1950s rear lights to clean them, I replaced them this evening but not before trying to fit new bulbs. Having ordered new LED bulbs, the metal parts of the fitting crumbles with rust when I tried to fit the bulbs so they'll need repairing or replacement. Still, I got the lenses back on plus the new rear Lucas reflectors - plastic ones to replace the older, perished rubber versions.


3 comments:

  1. Ahh right, I don't have the light holders, what I have is not the same, BUT it could probably be made to fit.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some complete new versions on eBay at the moment or I have found somewhere that makes LED stop / tail lightboards which also might fit in lieu of the bulb holder unit (http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/goffyleds.htm) which would also lessen the load on the old wiring! I'm sure with some drilling / glue etc and a couple of connectors, something could be done. No idea who made these lights, couldn't see a Lucas name anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just coming across this blog while researching the Green Goddess ~ wonder if you can help.

    I have been charged with researching / sourcing material for an upcoming model Fire Engine model project. The project involves a series of die-cast model fire engines, each one accompanied by a small booklet that contains info and photos on the model in question.

    First up is the Green Goddess!

    Any help / assistance (photos. history etc) you can give, I'd be very grateful. We will of course give full credit & links etc.

    Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries.
    greengoddess(at)hophousedesign.co.uk

    Mike Goode
    01892 822488

    ReplyDelete