Monday 28 March 2016

Dizzy....

Well, my first visit of the year up to see 326 after a winter of gentle slumber to a) move it backwards so it's sat on a different point on the tyres and b) to get the model number of the distributor so that I can order an electronic ignition kit for it.

When I bought it back in 2011 it ran reasonably well - sort of. However, when it had a load of recommissioning work done on it by Fire Engine Services over in Shropshire they set the engine up so well that literally I haven't touched it at all in 4 years other than to change the oil and, well - that's it really! But towards the end of last summer's show season, it did have the odd hiccough here and there - not running smoothly at speed and on one occasion, conking out altogether on the way to Welland - handily enough just as I rejoined the M6 after a coffee at Corsham Services......!

Having had my Land Rover ambulance running on an electronic kit since I got it nearly 10 years ago, I need no persuading and I did say to myself that even though it had been set up superbly using points, the next time it needed attention that would be the time to 'go electronic'.... Mind you, it was easier to remove the distributor completely to see the model number (and it needs removing anyway to fit the new 'heart' of it) so here we are with the distributor on my desk at home (a Lucas DMZ6A) awaiting a kit....

Not the hardest gap to work in ......



The gap where the distributor should be!


No comments:

Post a Comment